Thursday, April 26, 2007

Looking for the Italian climbs

Every summer we head over to Europe to ride on the great passes of the region. Last summer it was Switzerland where we got some real miserable weather, despite it being August. The previous summer it was Italy and this summer we are going back to the Dolomites for some more Italian riding.
Finding the right place to go is always the trick. I like the Northern part of Italy and my German speaking wife enjoys it as she gets to talk the talk. So the hunt is on for the best bike rides in Italy. When you are over in Europe you need to climb, dont worry about the flats, get to the passes. I found this great site Climb By Bike that shows all the major passes in Europe. It is has all the major passes, photos, ratings and of course the gradients.
So this summer, I am heading to the Motirolo, Gavia and the Zoncolan. Those should keep me busy but if you know better passes let me know.

No comments: