Friday, April 13, 2007

Observation

The need for outside observer often times show how messed up a system or implemented process really is. I have found that so often when you are embedded in a technology or process oriented organization, you miss out on the most obvious problems. without stepping 'away from the console' the company and its members miss the best ideas and ways to clean up and move forward.

Being in a new company and looking within the glass room allows you to get a real outsider look into what you are going to have to handle without having to trust others on their embedded opinions. I took this week to just watch what was happening before trying to come to sense of conclusion on what changes are needed to move the processes forward. Needless to say, the list is long.

OK, onto some more screwed up news. I know the whole Imus thing was blown out of proportion and all the advertisers got some great free ads in there before they took their money and ran, but this seems to be an end to having real people on television speak their mind. Now I am not saying that what Imus said was the right way to speak his mind but it does bring up the issue with free speech on a public forum. CBS to me took the easy way out of the issue and said they have 'rid the network' of those sort of small minded people. I doubt that. Just the ones that are on the air and can be recorded. I have a hard time believing that in the board room there hasn't been the odd slang word out of a higher up. So watch what you say when you are around the public I guess.

So watch...listen...formulate...react. My moto from the past week.

No comments: